Sweet BeeDazzled Cottage
A weekly vacation rental sometimes,
a B&B sometimes....
Sweet BeeDazzled Cottage brings visitors a lodging experience to be warmly remembered.
The natural waterfall, songbird feeding stations, cheerful colors, and wonderful location on 2 wine trails will add fun to your family's vacation.
A sweet, rambling
Suttons Bay cottage
with a natural waterfall
hosted by an art illusionist
and a musical entertainer
Sleeps 6-7, 3 baths
Best rates on the Leelanau Peninsula
"In many ways it reminded
us of France!" Diane
BeeDazzled can be reserved by-the-week for $1600 (plus 6% use tax and $80 linens/cleaning fee) as your private vacation home during summer. It is featured on VRBO.com. AirBnB.com, PureMichigan, Leelanau Chamber of Commerce's site and VacationRentals.com.
The daily rate for the entire house is $275 (the same fee charged for one guestroom at the nearest Holiday Inn). Minimum stay for full-house occupancy is 4 nights. BeeDazzled accommodates 6 comfortably in 3 twin beds, 1 king and 1 full.
Your visit includes:
- A bottle of local wine on arrival
- Guest refrigerator upstairs
- Wireless Internet
- Dramatic waterfall garden with night lighting
- Fireplaces in all sleeping rooms
- Collector-quality art throughout
- TV for common use in living room
- Table games, books, and children's activities
- Front and back patios/decks
- View of bay
- Five-minute walk to beach, library, cafes, bookstore, boutiques, Bay Theater, post office, and 2 candy stores.
- Waterfront village park with boat launch / farmer's market (seasonally on Saturdays) / picnic shelter across road
- Ideal location directly on 2 wine trails ("Leelanau Peninsula Wine Trail" and "North of M-204 Wine Trail"). Closest tasting room is just one mile!
- Leelanau Sands Casino is 3 miles north
- Upscale Traverse City is 20 scenic minutes along the shoreline!
- Access to bike trail is 2/3 mile
- Outdoor shower
- Uniquely Yours weddings can be performed on-site for $100 (see www.AndToCherish.com). You must bring a marriage license (available through your own County Clerk if you are a Michigan resident).
Cash /checks only, please
ATM machines are nearby
The Honeycomb Sweet's spiral staircase
leads down to a beautiful private bath and dressing room. The full bed and twin bed sleep 2-3. Downstairs, a slider leads to a walled garden shower just off the deck.
The Royal Bee Chambers, below, has a king pillowtop bed, 3-piece bath, reading chairs by a fireplace, table w/2 chairs to hold laptops and snacks! The Rose Garden Room, right,
looks out over wild roses and the bay and features two twin beds, a petite fireplace & a drop leaf desk.
Bath is down the stairs.
GoldBug Waterfall, below, tumbles twenty feet through a shady wildflower, forested glade. It is an favorite plein air location for artists.
"What a visual delight. Great experience! Hope to return again!"Joy
Don is a professional Karaoke host, vocalist and keyboard player who can entertain you on the patio
if you plan an evening get-together; he often plays Thursdays from 4 - 7 on the front patio.
Pumpkin Bread with Maple Cream Cheese Filling
- 2 pkg
(8 oz.each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
maple extract or 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 3 c
- 1 3/4 c
pumpkin puree (or one 15oz can solid-packed
- 1 c
- 4 c
all purpose flour
tsp pumpkin pie spice
tsp baking soda
tsp ground cinnamon
tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 c chopped pecans
- 1/2 c chopped walnuts
- 1 c
currants or raisins
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, egg and milk in a small bowl until
- Add maple extract or syrup and blend. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, pumpkin, oil, water and eggs.
another large bowl mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and
spices. Gradually add dry ingredients to wet.
- Stir in nuts.
- Pour half of the batter into 3 flour-greased 8" x 4" loaf pans.Spoon the filling over the batter. Use a spatula to spread it out carefully.
- Add remaining batter making sure you completely cover the filling.
- Bake at 350° for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in the pans before removing the
bread to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in the
refrigerator wrapped in plastic wrap.
"Enjoyed your sweet place! It must have been fate that we found you." Lileen
"Thank you for being part of our exciting adventure!" Melissa K.
Yield: 70 Servings
- 2-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1-1/3 cups applesauce
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) gelatin, colors of your choice
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
In a large saucepan, combine 2 cups sugar, applesauce, a colored gelatin, unflavored gelatin and lemon juice; let stand for
1 minute. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil
for 1 minute. Immediately pour into a cold 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish
coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate for about 3 hours or until firm.
- With a spatula, loosen gelatin from sides of
pan. To remove, invert onto waxed paper.
- Using kitchen scissors or small
sharp cookie cutters dipped on hot water, cut into 1-in. squares or
- Arrange on waxed paper.
- Dry at room temperature overnight or until slightly sticky.
- Roll in remaining sugar.
Store in an airtight container.
Yield: About 1-3/4 pounds
How Mario Batali Escapes NY Summers
click to read:
To help you plan your visit:
Leelanau Peninsula calendar
Traverse City calendar
Honey Cake Recipe
- 3 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon cloves
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup honey
1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 large eggs - room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup strong coffee
1/2 cup orange juice
1/4 cup rye or whiskey
1/2 cup sliced almonds
Preheat oven to 350°F. Generously grease one 9
or 10 inch tube or Bundt cake pan.
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking
soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves and allspice.
In another bowl add oil, honey, white sugar, brown sugars, eggs, vanilla, coffee or
tea, orange juice and rye or whiskey. Add wet ingredients to dry.
together well. Spoon batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle top of cake
to 75 minutes.Let stand fifteen minutes before removing from pan.